Monday, January 7, 2013

ONE DOUBLE D LATTE AND A BLUEBERRY MUFFIN, PLEASE!


This beats a cup o Joe all day long!

This is NOT your average ice cream truck that drives slowly through the neighborhood with a bell going ding-a-ling and accordion music playing in the background.  And it gives a whole new meaning to Meals-on-Wheels.

Cup O Jane represents the newest and most racy outgrowth of the food truck movement – a coffee-slinging trailer parked on an otherwise bleak stretch of Capital Boulevard, a landscape populated by storage units and used cars.

Amy Carrieri and her co-owner husband, Blair, a bodyguard, chose this method of delivery because it required jumping through far fewer hoops than a heated and air-conditioned building with parking and restrooms.

Scantily dressed, warmed by a space heater, Carrieri and barista Ashlee Pack deliver lattes, espresso and chai tea in bra-sized cups: A to DD. Their motto: The cup that gets you up. It’s definitely not Denny’s.

Amy was formerly a ‘dancer’ at The Men’s Club of Raleigh, a recent reincarnation of the long running club called Thee Doll House.  Apparently when she left, she took her wardrobe with her.  Amy, and fellow coffee server (and former dancer) Ashlee Pack greet you with a smile at the window of their 'shop' on Capitol Boulevard [Raleigh, NC].  Gotta love those 'cup' sizes, too‼!

If Victoria’s Secret can have a nationwide, network hour long lingerie show, why can’t these two similarly clad beauties serve us coffee!  As their menu says, they serve THE CUP THAT GETS YOU UP!  

For my money, I say:  YOU GO, GIRLS!

Check their ummmm…… menu here:  http://cupojane.biz/menu.php

(from the Raleigh N&O on Sunday, January 6)

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/06/2587071/shaffer-coffee-with-a-sexy-smile.html

UPDATE:  FOLLOW THESE LADIES ON TWITTER!

@CUPOJANE1


And on FaceBook!



7 comments:

  1. I like it! It's thinking outside the box - something I admire because I'm not very good at it myself. Kudos to them, I hope they do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. - I wish you blogged on here! I can read you on ABS but cannot comment... keep up the good work there - you are one great writer!

      Delete
  2. I agree, Becky - I sent them an email wishing them well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is Amy from Cup O Jane and thanks for the write up!! Very nice of you!! Hope to see you for some coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope y'all are a huge success! I love everything about what you're doing! I'll try to get by there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This almost makes me want to start drinking coffee

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!