The IRS is designed to have checks and balances against the very thing that has been running rampant under the Obama administration. If there is anyone with an IQ of room temperature that does NOT believe this isn’t a 'top down' assault on our freedom of speech, please raise your hand!
Below is an excerpt from an article in the Wall Street Journal Online. This should make your blood run cold.
Catherine Engelbrecht—a nice woman, a citizen, an American. She and her husband live in Richmond, Texas. They have a small manufacturing business. In the past few years she became interested in public policy and founded two groups, King Street Patriots, and True the Vote.
In July 2010 she sent applications to the IRS for tax-exempt status. What followed was not the harassment, intrusiveness and delay we're now used to hearing of. The US government came down on her with full force.
· In December 2010 the FBI came to ask about a person who'd attended a King Street Patriots function.
· In January 2011 the FBI had more questions.
· The same month the IRS audited her business tax returns.
· In May 2011 the FBI called again for a general inquiry about King Street Patriots.
· In June 2011 Engelbrecht's personal tax returns were audited and the FBI called again.
· In October 2011 a round of questions on True the Vote.
· In November 2011 another call from the FBI.
· The next month, more questions from the FBI.
· In February 2012 a third round of IRS questions on True the Vote.
· In February 2012 a first round of questions on King Street Patriots.
· The same month the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms did an unscheduled audit of her business. (It had a license to make firearms but didn't make them.)
· In July 2012 the Occupational Safety and Health Administration did an unscheduled audit.
· In November 2012 more IRS questions on True the Vote.
· In March 2013, more questions.
· In April 2013 a second ATF audit.
All this because she requested tax-exempt status for a local conservative group and for one that registers voters and tries to get dead people off the rolls.
This week Ms. Engelbrecht, who still hasn't received her exemptions, sued the IRS.
Yesterday, Lois Lerner, IRS director of Exempt Organizations was placed on administrative leave WITH FULL PAY after she reportedly refused to resign‼! Can you imagine this happening in the private sector? An employee REFUSING to resign??? A superior would have stood beside her desk while she cleaned it out, and then shown her the door! REFUSED TO RESIGN??? WTF!
Political harassment of Conservatives by the federal government? YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASS IT WAS, and it still is.
In contrast, consider the following action by Lerner’s division of the IRS. (And I’ve posted this before, so my apologies to my regular readers.)
The average time it took for a conservative organization to gain 'tax free’ classification was 27 months. Yet Obama’s BROTHER – OBONGO – was able to get his BARACK OBAMA FOUNDATION approved by the IRS in 30 days. But that’s not all. Seems bro Obongo had been illegally collecting money for two years. No problem – the IRS BACKDATED his status so he wouldn’t be ‘illegal’.
Folks – this is YOUR tax money being used to prevent YOU from exercising your FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH. This is the KEY reason our founding fathers fought a war against England. And there is a reason it’s the FIRST Amendment and not the 4th or 8th…. It is THAT important.