Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MAKE MARIJUANA LEGAL NATIONWIDE! THINK OF THE REVENUE IT WOULD GENERATE...

I'm not a pot smoker.  I don't know that I've ever even SMELLED pot unless it was at an outdoor concert.  But of late, it seems marijuana is no longer a dangerous, entry-level drug.  Also seems suddenly pot is OK, while tobacco is still right up there with phosphates and PCB's where public health is concerned.

OK - I have no problem with making pot legal nationwide.  Control the growers and tax the hell out of it - like cigarettes are taxed. Works for me, as I'm not a smoker of any sort.

My only concern is people who will assuredly DRIVE under the influence of pot. My solution for that is.... if you're caught driving with WEED IN THE CAR... whether it's in your body or in the glove box, the car is confiscated ON THE SPOT and auctioned at a Sheriff's sale within 30 days.  If you're  driving a friend's car..... oops - sux to be your friend, since the friend's car will go on the auction block.

I thought for years that should be the policy for DWI or for possessing OPEN alcohol in an automobile.

It would certainly cut down on recidivism..... right?  Would also reduce carbon emissions (Algore) by reducing the number of vehicles on the road.

Just my rambling thoughts....will propose this when I run for Congress.


2 comments:

  1. Good point.
    Here is Sgt.Friday on pot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Twre6ItGEI

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!