Friday, December 10, 2010

MY THOUGHTS ON GAYS IN THE MILITARY

First of all, I want to say that sexual orientation does not matter to me. People can be whoever they are with whomever they choose. My sexuality is MY business and yours is YOURS. Don't flaunt it in my face, no matter how you swing.... keep it in the bedroom and we will get along just fine.

EVERYONE in the military should follow don't ask - don't tell. It's NOT relevant to job performance, and what a soldier does in private is hisher business and no one elses.

Having said that, I see letting gays serve openly NOT as a morale problem, NOT a command problem but a legal problem...... and I use 'legal' in the sense that.... the chain of command will have to walk on eggshells to avoid discrimination suits, which WILL be detrimental to everything military. The first time an openly gay man slips into his little black dress and fishnet stockings and hoop earrings and heads to the base NCO/OC and gets the living shit beat out of him along the way..... let the lawyers gather like vultures, because there WILL be lawsuit after lawsuit... EERs/OERs that aren't perfect will said to be such because the military member is gay. And that's only two examples. It's a Pandora's Box that needs to remain closed.

Male or female - keep your junk to yourself.... I welcome any patriot who wants to serve this country and I will be the first to thank him/her for that service.... but sex belongs in the bedroom, NOT on the PT field or on the firing line. Just saying...

2 comments:

  1. There lies the problem, radical gays today, like radical feminists in the past, believe that they have a right to flaunt their repulsiveness in everyone else's face. In doing so, they actually damage their cause, but they're too stupid to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't disagree.... and it's sad when a human being can only be defined by their sexuality... but I see the problems down the road of endless Congressional investigations (my EEF is bad because I'm gay - waaaaaaaaaaa), disruption of the chain of command, and the loss of cohesiveness in our fighting forces. Funny that the 'polling' was done within the generation that had 'Heather Has Two Mommies' and 'Daddy's Roommate' as elementary school reading material... while this president totally ignored the desires and arguments of his senior military commanders.....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!