This is circulating in an email, and personally I think Mattis should run for president. Instead, our president is running from HIM. Apparently Obama forced him into an early retirement.
1/21/2013: CENTCOM Commander Gen. James Mattis reportedly is being forced out of his current post several months early, possibly over disagreements with Obama administration officials over policies toward Iran and other international issues. [In other words, he made Obama’s civilian appointments squirm.]
Mattis retired on May 22, 2013 and on August 7, 2013, became a director at General Dynamics, a Defense industry contractor for shipbuilding and marine systems, defense systems, land and amphibious combat systems and munitions. Seems to me like an excellent choice by the board and a great fit for Mattis.
Below are quotes attributed to Mattis…….. yeah – HE SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT! [Compiled by the Washington Free Beacon Staff, March 18, 2013
Gen. James Mattis, known to his troops as “Mad Dog Mattis,” is retiring after 41 years of military service. The Marine Corps Times is calling Mattis the “most
1. “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”
2. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”
5. “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”
6. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
7. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”
8. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.” (Mattis’ Letter To 1st Marine Division)
9. “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
10. “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.” [OBAMA - PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE!]
11. “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”
12. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
13. “You go into Afghanistan , you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”
14. “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”
15. “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.” (Mattis’ Letter To 1st Marine Division)
YEP! He would definitely get my vote!