Friday, September 23, 2011

THE FLORIDA DEBATE......

I didn't keep copious notes on this one - mainly because I slept thru the first 20 minutes!

My overwhelming emotion after watching the part I DID watch is sadness.  Sad that we don't have a candidate that can blow Obama out of the water.  One that can AND WILL.... the candidate is going to be Romney and he will be McCain redeux.  Romney may say he's not a politician but he is NOT grounded in principles, but in politics.  He's slick and smarmy, and he may be able to beat Obama - and I'll hold my nose and vote for him just as I did for McCain, because the country cannot take the alternative.

I thought Perry would be the one.... he has all the 'moves'... but he was suffocated last night with baggage of his own making.  He's balls on correct on the SS Ponzi thing but he cannot explain it clearly in a one-minute sound bite.  He's right about it, the facts back him up.... but his opponents on the right, and worse - on the left, will demonize his stance.  Strike 1.  Strike 2 is the vaccine thing.... government in your face and no justification, ESPECIALLY the way he made it happen.  His admission that it was the wrong WAY is a plus, but he hasn't properly defended his position other than to say he will always be on the side of life. 

Strike 3 finished him off last night. Illegal immigration and how he's handled it.  Did he say he opposes a fence?  Doesn't matter.... he's allowing illegals to suck on the tit without remorse.  Saying it's because he has a heart..... well, I know he's a Christian man but he's Bush Lite on this.  I give him some leeway because Texas has a long border with Mexico.... and he has to work for the support of the LEGAL Hispanic community.  He should have been ready for the instate tuition question with a 'stop this shit in its tracks' response.  He had none, he stuttered and obfuscated and looked weak...... OMG - he looked like a frigging RINO!  This was strike 3 for me and I'm honestly so very saddened.

Cain was great - didn't know about his cancer and it was a touching and accurate assessment of our medical care system and our future under Obamacare.  He won't be the candidate.  Bachmann looked lovely in red.... but she's starting to sound shrill.  She and Santorum are the only two TRUE conservatives in the bunch.... and sadly, neither has a chance.  Gary Johnson had his 15 seconds of fame with the shovel-ready joke.  Ron Paul is nuttier than squirrel shit but the left (especially the MSM) is pushing him because Obama wouldn't even have to campaign to get re-elected.  Huntsman should go back to China. 

And Newt...... OMG - if he had been my history professor in college, I would have made an A+ instead of..... well, we won't go there!  He's brilliant and articulate and could do the job with half his brain tied behind his back.  He has more personal baggage than Clinton, and while I don’t really CARE about that (which saddens me that I DON’T) the MSM will use it as a distraction, and A.D.D. NEWT will let it get him off message.  And he may have sexual skeletons in his closet.  I can’t imagine he’s married all the women he’s nailed.  I love Newt and I would campaign my ass off for him if I thought he had a chance.
So I’ll hold my nose and vote for Mitt.  I would prefer he was a Christian.  I would prefer he didn’t waffle with the political winds.  I would prefer he wasn’t a RINO.  I will hope he goes after Obama on his record, because he HAS one now and it sucks.  Yeah….. I’ll hold my nose.



2 comments:

  1. Romney-"I'll hold my nose and vote for him just as I did for McCain, because the country cannot take the alternative.....

    Cain- "didn't know about his cancer and it was a touching and accurate assessment of our medical care system and our future under Obamacare....

    Newt- "could do the job with half his brain" tied behind his back"

    DITTO!

    As far as Newt’s baggage, one thing he said during the campaign is that 'it was 20 years ago, or so. I've regretted it, and taken life’s lessons and grow from them, to avoid making the same mistakes.'
    I don't care about what he HAS done because he is repentant. I care what he is going to do.

    All told, If Paul wins the nomination, Trump will jump in to the race as an independent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All told, If Paul wins the nomination, Trump will jump in to the race as an independent.

    and he'll divide the Republican vote and Obama will win - not the stuff dreams are made of

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!