Saturday, November 17, 2012

PRAY FOR OUR MILITARY



I have a friend in the Navy, stationed on the USS Iwo Jima.  It WAS headed for home port Norfolk and fathers of the sailors were invited to join their sons/daughters on board for the last couple of days into port.  They were to be flown out to board the vessel.  Don’t know if this is SOP but I think it’s really cool.

My friend’s father got an email today.  The boarding/visit has been cancelled.

The Iwo Jima – and it’s crew , including the 26th MEU (with their assorted helicopters and Harriers) - has been ordered to ‘a new location – term:  indefinite’.  I can only guess where.  I also assume this isn’t classified, since the partents have been notified.

I fear things are about to get really ugly really fast.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!